ICRW (International Center for Research on Women) is now accepting nominations for the Paula Kantor Award for Excellence in Field Research. This annual award is given to a young professional female researcher from the Global South doing field research related to ICRW’s mission to advance gender equity, inclusion and shared prosperity worldwide and includes a cash prize of $2500. The deadline for nominations is March 29 at 11:59pm ET.
- The award is open to women researchers under the age of 40 who are citizens of countries located in the Global South
- The research or body of work may be conducted in any country, including the United States, but must take place in low-income or otherwise marginalized communities, with a primary focus on gender equity and women's and girls’ empowerment
- The social science research should contribute to filling gaps in evidence, which are important to understanding the best solutions for improving the lives of women, girls and other marginalized populations
- The research methodology may utilize quantitative, qualitative, or mixed methods
- Outcomes of the research should have been shared with the research community, and/or with relevant stakeholders with respect to the nominees’ work
- Findings should have been disseminated through relevant reports, peer-reviewed journal articles, book chapters, multi-media campaigns or similar communications channels. Co-authored publications or joint dissemination activities are also permissible
- Research that is being undertaken as part of an advanced degree requirement is not eligible. For research of this nature, please see ICRW’s Mariam K. Chamberlain Dissertation Award
Additional information, FAQs, and a link to the nomination form can be found at https://www.icrw.org/news/icrw-accepting-nominations-for-2021-paula-kantor-award/
If you have any questions, please reply to this email address (email@example.com).