The Department of political science seeks candidates for a full-time, tenure-track position at the Assistant Professor level in public administration and public policy.
The appointed candidate will be expected to teach at all three levels of the curriculum, supervise graduate students, engage in ongoing research and publication, and contribute to the academic life and reputation of the University.
- Ph. D. in political science or related discipline (Ph.D. candidates who are near completion will also be considered)
- Strong research and publication record in the field of public administration and public policy
- Demonstrated ability to provide high quality university teaching
- An adequate knowledge of the French written and spoken language or a strong commitment to mastering the proficiency level required, in accordance with Université de Montréal’s Language Policy. An institutional support program is offered to all professors wishing to learn French or improve their communication skills.
Your application must include the following documents:
- A cover letter
- In accordance with requirements of the Government of Canada, the application must include in the cover letter one of the following statements: “I am a citizen / permanent resident of Canada.” or “I am not a citizen or permanent resident of Canada.”
- A curriculum vitae
- Recent publications or research papers
- Three letters of recommendation must also be sent directly to the Department Chair by the referees.
Applications and letters of recommendation must be submitted by email to the Department Chair, Christine Rothmayr, no later than January 5th, 2021 at the following address: email@example.com
Reference number: FAS 11-20 /8
Application deadline: January 5th, 2021, inclusive
Salary: Université de Montréal offers competitive salaries and a full range of benefits
Starting date: On or after June 1st 2021
For more information, please consult the complete job announcement here.